- This event has passed.
Summer Steam Up
14th May @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on 15th May 2022 at 10:00 am
Discover the fascinating world of water and steam at our Summer Steam Up! Learn about the history of the Kew Bridge Waterworks and marvel at the amazing pumping engines that helped make London the city it is today.
There’s something everyone can enjoy:
- See some of our amazing engines in steam.
- Meet fascinating people from our past, including Charles Dickens who visited the waterworks in 1850.
- Guided Tours with our volunteer Tour Guide and local area walks with Hounslow Heritage Guides.
- Hands on activities, trails and crafts for the kids.
- Marvel at the Stirling engines (Sunday only) and traction engines visiting the Museum.
As part of the weekend, we are delighted to be hosting a book talk from Nick Higham for his new book The Mercenary River, on Sunday 15 May at 2pm.
Please note that the car park will be closed for both days of the Summer Steam Up to give visitors space to enjoy the traction engines.